Take those potatoes from last night and create a completely different dish!
Leftover Mashed Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup sauce of your choice
1. In a large bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, flour, beaten egg, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until a dough forms. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time, until it becomes workable.
2. Divide the dough into smaller portions and on a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a long rope, about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces and using the back of a fork, gently press each piece to create ridges. This will help the gnocchi hold the sauce better.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi in batches and cook until they float to the surface, which should take about 2-3 minutes. Remove them using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
5. In a separate saucepan, heat the sauce over medium heat until warm.
6. Once the gnocchi is cooked and the sauce is warmed, gently toss the gnocchi in the sauce until they are well coated.
7. Serve the mashed potato gnocchi with your choice of garnish.
Enjoy your delicious homemade gnocchi made from leftover mashed potatoes! Serve it as a main course or a side dish alongside a fresh salad or garlic bread for a complete meal.